Mold, Odor Removal, Flooding, Bio-Hazard Cleaning And Interior Problems
Is Your Car A Real Stinker?
The average family practically lives in their cars and let’s face it – living leads to a myriad of lingering odors. Many odors are just part of daily activity like perspiration, dirt, pets, spilled liquids, dropped food, mold and mildew, dirty sneakers, tobacco smoke, paint, gas, kerosene, remains from the latest fishing trip, and stale perfumes, etc. Caused by bacteria, odors cannot be eliminated by a simple shampoo, harsh chemicals, or spraying perfumes and deodorizers to cover them up. Over time, your car becomes a toxic dump, even to the point of being a health hazard. Believe us – Car Pool Detail has experienced them all!
IICRC Certified in Odor Control
Car Pool Detail certified technicians can sometimes use an Ozone Machine to remove odors; however, an ozone machine will not remove the odor until the source of the odor is removed and any residual is cleaned. Fortunately, most odors can be removed completely or at least improved enough to satisfy most drivers. Our proprietary cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing process restores the look and smell of your vehicle while protecting the seats, floor mats and other materials affected. We specialize in eliminating inorganic, organic, and biologically malodorous odors whether they are mild or extreme. Rapid response to the problem is key! The longer an odor remains, the more difficult it is to remove, and the scope of work and property damage increases with time as well.
- Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk – There are clumsy accidents like dropped food and spills, while others are contributed to more serious accidents like urine and vomit. Before you try shampooing urine spots, bring your vehicle to Car Pool Detail. Water causes the bacteria to spread deeper into the carpet and seat padding. When you consider a small dog can deposit over 4 ounces of urine into an area, you need Car Pool Detail to help you remove it!
- After the Flood – Has your vehicle been through a catastrophic event like a flood or vandalism? Maybe you forgot to put the top up or close the sunroof before the last big rain storm? Water can also seep in through leaky rubber seals or from open or partially open windows. Water intrusion causes corrosion to your flooring, bolts, and wire harnessing; and deteriorates your leather and textile dyes and fibers. Mold and mildew caused from water leaks and flooding spreads into the fibers of your upholstery so you can’t see it. Some molds produce toxins (poisons) and spores that are harmful to humans or cause allergies when inhaled. Car Pool Detail Certified Mold Professionals (CMP) remove all signs of mold and mildew; however, sometimes interior items must be replaced in order to be effective – for instance flooded cars always require new carpet padding and moldy seat-belts must be replaced.
- Critter Infiltration – You don’t want to know what is on the bottoms of your feet or that you are tracking into your vehicle from luggage, gym bags, golf bags, or even your purse. Car Pool Detail treats infestations of moths, fleas, crickets, roaches, spiders, bed bugs, carpet bugs and other bacterial forms that are another cause of interior odors. If your vehicle sits outside in the elements or is rarely driven, it is not unusual to find dead rodents, bugs, ants, or other critters camped out in your absence, and even having died there – especially if you leave decaying food remnants or seeping meat juices behind to attracted them. Road sludge such as animal remains on the bumper or caught underneath the auto mobile, can infiltrate the interior through your ventilation system and ants are attracted to the sugar from decaying berries that have fallen on your vehicle.
- Smokin’ Joes – Odors caused from cigars, cigarettes, illegal substances, and fire leave smoke residue that infiltrates fabrics and fibers. Your heating and air conditioning ventilation system and air intake manifold may also be blocked or contaminated. Car Pool Detail can decontaminate and sanitize your air filtration so your vehicle smells fresh and clean.
- Hazard Zones – Car Pool Detail has experienced vehicles suffering from hazardous spills such as battery acids, gas, kerosene, weed killers, liquid Drano, anti freeze, air conditioning coolant, fire extinguisher explosions, and chemical detergent spills, as well as roadway spills like tar, glue, and oil. Bodily fluids and oils, and drug and smoke resins leave behind pathogens like the Hepatitis B virus that are dangerous to children and adults.
- Ozone Treatment– This treatment oxidizes organic contaminants in much the same way chlorine does. An ozone generator converts the oxygen found in air to O3, or ozone. As with chlorination, proper concentrations and contact time is essential for disinfection.
- Air Conditioning System Treatment– For a germ and allergen-free driving experience, we kill mold and prevent new mold growth throughout the HVAC System and passenger cabin with a safe and effective service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Car Pool Detail remove all odors from my car?
Most odors can be removed.
Can Car Pool Detail remove all mold and mildew?
Yes, but sometimes the replacement of interior items is necessary. It’s common for a flooded car to require new carpet padding. Moldy seat belts cannot be cleaned, and must be replaced.
Can’t I clean up urine and food spills with a simple shampoo?
No. Shampooing wets the area and allows bacteria to spread deeper into carpet and seat padding. Urine and food spills should be treated and cleaned with other processes.
How much does it cost to remove odors from my car?
Odors are caused by bacteria and Car Pool Detail must perform a hands-on evaluation of the vehicle to determine the source of the odor and degree of contamination. After diagnosing the problem, Car Pool Detail is able to determine how to best remediate the problem and eliminate the odor.
Does Car Pool Detail use an ozone machine?
Car Pool Detail has many types of equipment for treating odors including ozone machines. An Ozone machine cannot remove odors from a vehicle without first removing the source of the odor.